Thank you for following me xx

Wednesday 15 June 2011

An Old Favourite & Cheaper Craft Goodies - Simon Says Stamp DT

Good morning peeps,
It's been so lovely been able to visit so many gorgeous blogs again and catch up with you lovely people, I'm still catching up with emails so if I haven't replied to yours, I will get there, eventually lol.

Today is new challenge day at
and this week we are playing

My fabulous teamies and I are showcasing The Greeting Farm stamps this weeks, with loads to choose from I have dug out a golden oldie who is still my favourite

Ingredients -
Papers - Kraft & Prima
Flowers - Magnolia, Prima & stash
Pearls - Hero Arts
Pin - handmade using Blue Moon pearls

I distressed the punched edge using frayed burlap distressed ink and realised that it was a perfect colour match for Kraft cardstock, so instead of just inking the tips I inked the whole punched border.

Here is the bingo card, please tell us which row you have got your BINGO from to make it a bit easier for us when we are doing our DT rounds.
I have used the bottom row - Shape, Ribbon & Sentiment

As always our lovely Heidi is sponsoring our challenge with a mahoosive $50 in store spending spree


CHEAPER CRAFT GOODIES

Loads of people have said they have had to put themselves on craft spending diets due to the horrendous tax increases that have hit us all in this country so I just wanted to show you girlie's how you can get more for your pennies by shopping at Simon Say Stamp.

I haven't been asked to do this by anyone at Simon Says Stamp, & sadly I am not on commission lol, I get loads of emails asking me questions about buying from Simon Says Stamp & thought this would be the easiest & quickest way to answer your questions.

 Some of you have said you worry about buying from America due to import taxes, how long new stash takes to arrive, & how to convert the currency etc.

I have never had to pay customs charges on any order from Simon Says Stamp although I did when I bought from another American company which put me off buying from them again, & orders take approximately 8 - 10 days to arrive, yes the shipping is a little dearer but you easily recoup that in savings.

When shopping I always open a currency converter in a separate tab to convert the price into GBP sterling which is what I've done here to convert the currency to show you. All prices are approximate as the exchange rate fluctuates so could be a few pence out either way but just look at those savings on just these few examples !

Some of the links went haywire for some reason earlier, fingers crossed they are sorted now

SSS = £18.31 -UK average = £24.99

 SSS =£3.06  -  UK average = £4.99

SSS£4.62 -  UK average = £6.49

SSS = £3.03 -  UK average = £4.99

 SSS = £4.86  -  UK average = £6.95

 SSS =£3.69 - UK average =£4.99

So there you have it peeps, just a few examples of the many savings you could make, but please don't go buying all the Copic's as I'm still collecting them lol.
The trouble is you all now know I am not a millionaire just a savvy shopper, darn, lol

Shopping lesson over, back to my card!

I'm entering my card in the following challenges -
                  Cute Card Thursday - pins & pearls, Create For Fun - fab sketch, Stamp Something - something punched, Totally Papercrafts - summer, Make It Monday - anything goes, Stamp With Fun - flowers & pearls, Hooked On Crafts - anything goes, Top Tip Tuesday - anything goes, Totally Gorjuss - flower power

I am spending the day with my mum today which I'm looking forward to, and then I really must try and get lots of cards made as I still need to make Fathers Day cards & my friend Ali has thrown me right out by needing her birthday and wedding anniversary cards early as she is going on holiday on Sunday, gulp. I wonder if I can get Gareth & Jodie to make their own Fathers Day cards, I know hubby would appreciate that more than me making them, it's worth a shot lol.
Thanks for stopping by

47 comments:

  1. Hi Mandy, gorgeous card, I'd already seen it over on the SSS blog and admired it there too! The punched border looks lovely, and Frayed Burlap does match the Praft paper perfectly. Ive just made my first coloured image on Kraft paper and edged the edge with it too. Hugs,Frea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card Mandy, I love the colours and details xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Mandy! I have this stamp too, really should dig her out I used to only ever use TGF stamp and now they all get stashed away far too often! Love the pretty LO of this and thanks for the tip of SSS I have bought from them on more than one occasion and have always been happy with the service! Have fun with your mum Hugs Rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card, I love the gorgeous colours and layout :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a pretty card and love the thrift suggestions for crafter's very thoughtful of you, I have never had any issues with SSS either and love the huge choice available
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful a card
    beautifully painted stamp
    Your work is always so great
    be present

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hya Mandy it's always a pleasure to come on here! this card is just stunning love it! hope your well?

    ReplyDelete
  8. GREAT card Mandy! Lovely to see Anya making an appearance again.

    Judi x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowww this is soooo gorgeous Mandy! Love the colours and your pretty details!
    Hugs Kristel

    ReplyDelete
  10. GORGEOUS,love that colour combo and all the beautiful details!!!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you're not a millionaire Mandy 'cos if you was you wouldn't be sitting blogging, you'd be swanning around the world and we would miss out on wonderful creations like this one. Truly gorgeous hun !!!!

    Huggiest of hugs, Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful bow! Beautiful colouring and extremely beautiful colour palette! LOVE the layout too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card Mandy is perfectly gorgeous and love all the small details, great colour palette as well. Hope you are feeling a lot better. Hugs Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so soft and pretty Mandy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card Mandy, love the punch around the page and the tag poking out from behind the image. Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card Mandy, the image is beautifully coloured. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Mandy,
    Your card is simply elegant. I love that your blog is a one stop shopping for inspiration, tips and motivation. So happy you joined us at Top Tip Tuesday for our 'Open Challenge'.
    Best of luck to you with your gorgeous creation!
    Hugs~
    Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. AnonymousJune 15, 2011

    such a charming image and coloured so beatifully, a smashing card
    with best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning card Manday... I love it! The image is fab and I MAY just have to buy it.... and your colouring and layout is perfect as always!
    Hugs
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card Mandy colours and image adorable.....:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is stunning, Mandy!
    Love it Love it Love it!!!!!!

    HUGS SUSY

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi ya hun
    a totally gorgeous card as always, awesome colour beautiful papers & embelies, i have ordered from ss i paid no taxes n they were quicker at getting my goods to me than some internet shops in the uk! sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a beautiful card. Nice coloring.

    Hugs Astrid.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful!
    hugs Tessa & Anke

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a super adorable card!!! Love the image and the way you colored her!!!! Gorgeous!!!!! Great job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Stunning creation Mandy, so love this card. Thanks for the info on shopping in America, scares me off but great to see you put me straight:)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Stunning card Mandy, love the adorable image and very scrummy details. Hope you're well hun and thanks for the shopping info. Off for a nosey. :o)

    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Nice to see you back Mandy. Bet you ran out of hand sanitiser lol. Another gorgeous card and love the round the page punch. Bought one but keep forgetting to use it!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such a gorgeous card and I love how you have arranged the flowers. Your colouring is just divine. Thanks for joining us at hookedoncraft challenges this week and hope you join us again.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Mandy, I don't think I've ever seen that image look as wonderful as it does on this gorgeous card. So beautiful with such fantastic design. "Hugs" Carol

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Mandy,
    this is absolutely a master-piece. Wonderful colours and all the lovely details.
    Hugs
    Melodie

    ReplyDelete
  32. I just love, love, love this card. It's my favourite GF stamp too!!
    Hugs
    Berni
    x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow, fab card. Love the coloring and the details. Great job.
    Hugs,
    Babette

    ReplyDelete
  34. Gorgeous card. Love the beautiful colours. The ribbon is gorgeous! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. oh wow hun this is simply stunnning oh just so so beautiful hun hugs cherylxxx

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a lovely card.

    Marie-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  37. hi Hun sorry I'm late visiting, been sort of busy, doing nothing actually but taking all day to do it he he, love your card hun, so pretty, you've reminded me I have that image like you she doesn't get a look in,
    thanks for the conversion chart, you do look after us peeps !!

    will write soon, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow, Mandy!! First of all...GORGEOUS card! (as always!;)) The papers and embellishments are the perfect amount of gorgeous that surround a lovely colored stamped image.

    Secondly, thanks so much for the kind words about our store! We truly try to not only have a good variety but good value, and are very happy you find this to be true!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Gorgeous card, Mandy! She's so cute and your papers are yummy! Beautiful flowers and that ribbon is gorgeous! So happy to be working with you at Paperplay!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wow amazing card. Love the colours, the flowers and the bow. It's all amazing:) Thanks for playing at Totally Gorjuss this week. Bettina

    ReplyDelete
  41. Awesome card Mandy! I love your border punch; for me that took it over the top! Your coloring is amazing and your card is simply adorable!

    Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday:)

    Janette

    ReplyDelete
  42. What a gorgeous card. Thanks for playing along with Totally Gorjuss Flower Power challenge and good luck in the draw. Hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  43. Fab card with gorgeous details! :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. Totally Gorgeous Mandy x

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. OMG Mandy~~this is THE BEST!!!! I have always loved these Miss Anya images and you have truly given her life:) This card is so beautiful~~Everything about it is Perfect!!!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  46. Gorgeous cards, I love Miss Anya images, and yes this is one of my favourites too!

    Thanks for sharing your creation with Make It Monday.
    Don't forget......... if you leave a comment on another entry, mention that you saw their card on "Make It Monday" for a chance at second prize. The more entries you comment on the more chance you have of winning second prize.

    ReplyDelete
  47. your creation is simply perfect! all that lovely details...fantastic!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for hopping over to visit & taking the time to leave a comment
Mandy xx

Pinterest Latest Pins