Thank you for following me xx

Wednesday 10 August 2011

Simon Says WOW - Simon Says Stamp DT Card

Good morning peeps,
I hope everyone is safe and well & not victims of the terrible riots affecting our country at the moment.
I've had another loss of Internet & TV grrrrrrr. We had a thunderstorm on Sunday, I'd just come out of a shop & there was a very loud crack of thunder which had me dropping my Melissa Frances papers & pearls & fleeing to my car, I must have looked a right sight racing across the car park shrieking lol. I don't know if it's anything to do with living in a valley but my satellite signal is like me and  really doesn't like thunder & lightening lol.

Today is new challenge day at
and this week our challenge is

My fabulous teamie's and I are showcasing Magnolia stamps this weeks, yes I know that was a tough one for me but I forced myself to ink up a Maggie lol.
We are still missing our lovely Heather due to her suffering a stroke a couple of weeks ago, a big thank you to the kind ladies who have asked for Heather's address to send a card to her, I know they will help to cheer her up & she will appreciate your well wishes.
 If anyone else would like to send a card to Heather please email me or any member of the Simon Says Stamp family and we will give you the details.
Ingredients -
Medium - Copics
Paper - Hero Arts

To avoid any black lines showing I stamped and heat embossed the Christmas trees & lamp post several times with holographic embossing powder and cut them out, and reversed the images so there are no visible lines and decoupaged them, then finished them off with some stickles for the lovely sparkle.
For the falling snow effect I used the cuttelbug Polka Dots embossing folder but didn't run it through the cuttlebug as the result is too uniform and wouldn't look right, I placed the card on the embossing folder and randomly embossed the snow myself using an embossing stylus then moved the card a little and repeated at random.
As always our lovely Heidi is sponsoring our challenge with a mahoosive $50 spending spree in the

I'm entering my card in the following challenges -
Simply Magnolia - sketch, Winter Wonderland - white on white, Just Magnolia - anything goes + glitter,  Bah Humbug - white on white, Anything Goes - Birthday / Celebration, The Crazy Challenge - embossing, Ooh La La - Oh Christmas, Kreative Stamp Friends - handmade backgrounds, Make It Monday - anything goes, Totally Papercrafts - holidays, Aud's Sentiments - Merry Christmas, Hanna & Friends - dots/stripes, Stampin' For The Weekend - spots & dots, Fussy & Fancy - Christmas
Before I go peeps a big wave to the lovely Lorraine in Australia who sent me such a lovely email and had me in fits of laughter with her box making antics!
Thanks for stopping by

52 comments:

  1. A lovely white on white card - love all the punchwork & detail. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a lovely christmas card!! Beautyful!! Have a nice day! Hugs Vivian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi what a great challenge this week. I love the effect of the white and coloured Santa ! Loving the trees and I like how you have done the snow too. Super ideas . Kitty :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mandy, This Santa is gorgeous - may need to get him now. He looks so traditional - just how I like Christmas to be!! Stunning card! Take care and yeas we have been badly affected by riots in Enfield. Housebound after 4pm last 3 nights but locals now taking back the streets (if you see Sky news they are 200yd from our home!!) Support them fully of course! Sheila:)X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truly beautiful Mandy - love it!
    Have a wonderful day.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a wonderful card hun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi hun
    oh dear i hope you picked ya papers all up, did laugh sorry just the way you had written it, totally gorgeous card, luv all the white embossing, santa look fabulous, luv the edging, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mandy, I do hope your ok hun, awful when your worried about a storm like that....

    Your card is stunning, so love white on white, never looks right for me though...lol...

    Hope Heather will be ok, will e-mail you for her addy later.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. very beautiful card Mandy!
    greetings,Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card Mandy, love that white on white stuff. And it makes Santa really pop out! Hugs, Frea

    ReplyDelete
  11. this card is stunning love the white on white then the fabby red santa great I saw your card on make it monday as I was looking through the other entrys and had to stop by and say hi this is lovely

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  12. A gorgeous card. I love it.

    Thanks for joining us at Creative stamp Friends.

    Hugs, Katja

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow what a gorgeous card I love all the white and santa is coloured to perfection
    Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
    Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really love your card Mandy. Love the trees and lampost. And the snow effect too. Stunning card.
    Kathleen x

    ReplyDelete
  15. HI Mandy sorry to hear about the thunder down your way, so far all weve had are rumbles and clouds. Stunning card love the whole white theme it looks gorgeous. hugs Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Mandy,
    Wonder Christmas card, gave me a little chuckle.
    Great coloring and papers.

    Judie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Totally gorgeous - just love everything about this card. Thank you for joining us at Bah! Humbug!
    Ann xxx
    Bah! Humbug! DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Saw your link on Make It on a Monday
    Really pretty card love the santa image

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your creations!! They are beautiful!!
    Suzann ~xoxo~

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Mandy, your card is fabulous:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  21. totally awesome and love all the glitter don't you just love the depth that WOW cards create, thank you for sharing your lovely work with us at the Winter Wonderland
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love love love it xx Jna

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a beautiful card and image, I love it. Lee xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi hun, wow fab creation here hun, love the white details, and your gorgeous image, like you copic colours, must get more adventurous with these, have you just played or have a guide to good colours, see I'm back questions, questions, questions, lol, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh, this is just gorgeous! What an excellent idea, embosing with the holographic powder. Thanks so much for joining the Humbuggers this week. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow....how totally gorgeous!!!!! Very striking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hey chick how you, yeah it's been a while since I have left a coment but I always pop by at least once a week. I just love your wow card and what a great tip you gave us with the embossing,mmm neen to remeber that one lol hope you are well

    hugs Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh wow, what a gorgeous card. I hope you recovered your goodies after the storm! :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful, gorgeous card Mandy.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is absolutely stunning Mandy! Love the white in it!!
    Hugs Kristel

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lovely Christmas card.. that Santa is soo cute...!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hello Mandy .Awesome card .Thanks for tip on how not to leave black lines from stamping . Perfect colouring . Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday .
    Hugs Shirley-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  33. this is beyond stunning, luv the sparkle of the card.
    I will be honored if you will add this project in our weekly linking party every Wednesdays at
    http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/08/my-inner-baker-with-linking-party.html
    Have a great week,
    Maggie
    http://passionatelyartistic.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. This card is beautiful,lots of skill here me thinks , thanks for playing at Ooh -la -la -am off to have a look around your blog

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is definitely a WOW card - love the little trees
    Thanks for linking up to Make it Monday
    Lisa
    Don't forget -if you leave a comment on another entry, mention that you saw their card on "Make It Monday" for a chance at second prize. The more entries you comment on the more chance you have of winning second prize.

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a beautiful card, love all the details that makes the card so stunning! Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge hugs Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  37. Stunning work, Mandy!! I love the snowflake punch and the 3-D forest..!?! AMAZING!! WOW!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow, this is stunning Mandy. We've just come back from Blackpool and it was so grey and wet, kids still had fun in the arcades and on the rides, cost us a blooming fortune! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  39. What a beautiful Christmas card. I love all the white. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  40. What a wonderful card you made. I love the 3D effect and your beautiful coloring. Thank you for playing along with us this week at the Crazy Challenge! Good luck, Dominique

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love this card Mandy ! santa is fab and the trees and lampost are gorgeous ,, wonderful design :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  42. Ohlala, I`m speakless!! What a wonderful card ♥ Totally love it all :)

    Thank you for sharing with us at Kreative Stempelfreunde :)
    Hugs, Nina.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Gorgeous card! Love the WOW effect and the fab santa :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  44. Wow indeed, love the dimension and flowers too. Thanks for playing at Aud Sentiments.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  45. What a gorgeous christmascard !!
    Thanks for joining at Simly Magnolia.

    Inge

    ReplyDelete
  46. I so loved that you used a Christmas stamp...so creative and I really love all that white around Santa, super beautiful...hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Hi Mandy, Your card is gorgeous. The white background make Santa really stand out. What an incredibly fantastic job with the tree's I just love em'
    Thank you so much for joining us for this weeks challenge at Simply Magnolia. I always look forward to seeing your creations.
    Hugs Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  48. Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments
    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  49. Beautiful. Love all the white. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Gorgeous card, love the border! Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes, hope to see you again next time! x

    ReplyDelete
  51. What a beautiful card. I love your white work.
    Thanks for joining us at the creative stamp friends.
    xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  52. Looking Gorgeous Thanks so much for all your great information. Congratulations on a fabulous website! Throwing Knives

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for hopping over to visit & taking the time to leave a comment
Mandy xx

Pinterest Latest Pins