Thank you for following me xx

Monday 22 April 2013

Sitting Pretty - Totally Tilda DT Card

Hello lovely peeps,
After spending a lovely day at the Health Spa on Thursday (thank you hubs x) I came down with the flu and I seriously didn't even want to speak to anyone, yep that's how rubbish I felt lol. I was trying to rest but was going through the burning hot to freezing cold stage, eyes burning, couldn't bear to even move & I suddenly had the most horrific pain in my head like something was going to explode in there! I'm normally a "it'll be fine" type of girl but that seriously scared me! I was up on my knees holding the side of my head rocking, not knowing what to do with myself it was agony & then the pain stopped & I had blood trickling out of my left ear! The doctor still isn't sure what caused it as my inner ear is still bleeding slightly & it's too swollen in there for the doc to get a good look at but thinks my ear drum may have ruptured! I have a chest infection too so I'm taking a nice big dose of antibiotics every day for the next week & fingers crossed I will feel back to normal soon. There was me thinking how lucky I was to have escaped all the nasty germs everyone else has had too but it got me in the end lol.

I missed posting my DT card yesterday for our new challenge at 
so I'm a little late but got here in the end & this fortnight our challenge is
so fire up your heat gun & please don't forget you need a sweet Tilda on your creation to qualify for our challenges & as always my fabulous teamies have lots of gorgeous inspiration for you :)
I thought it was about time I coloured up a new Tilda and eventually settled on masking her onto a 2009 watering can from the Chasing Butterflies Collection.
I have heat embossed lots of lovely Stampendous embossing enamel, I love this stuff I'm so pleased I chose it a few weeks ago in a DT spend from my lovely friends at Simon Says Stamp :)

The copic colours I've used are -
skin - E11, E00, E000, hair - E44, E43, E41, dress - B23, B21, B0000, watering can - C5, C3, C1, butterflies - N9, N7, N5 / RV99, RV95, RV93 / V000, R83, R81

The cheesecloth, white sprig and blue twirl branch are from The Ribbon Girl, the cotton reel was in amongst a beautiful parcel of birthday presents from a lovely blogging friend (thank you Elaine x :) & the pretty stickpins are handmade by me and can be found in my new Etsy shop.
I'm entering my card in the following challenges -
Make It Monday - anything goes,
 My friend Ali came around a couple of weeks ago & helped me sort out my bulging stamp baskets & boxes so I will be adding a page at the top of my blog for stamps for sale in the next few days when I have the energy to photograph them all as there are loads of Whiff Of Joy, hAnglar, LOTV etc. It was hard deciding to part with them but I am so limited for space in my little room & it has been nice actually being able to look at the stamps I am keeping in the baskets instead of them all being so crammed in I'd forgot I even had lots of those poor uninked neglected lovelies.

I will be posting more candy soon, I intended doing it for my birthday but last week was crazy & then with being ill it just never got done so that's another thing on my very long to do list! 
If anyone is interested this little card will be going in my Etsy shop soon :)
Thanks for stopping by


20 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, this is scary Mandy! I hope they figure out what you have. Awesome, gorgeous card!!!! Love this Tilda on top of the watering can. You colouring is fabulous and all the details are perfect. Hugs, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw this beauty on FB.....omg, superb coloring and outstanding design work, Mandy! I love all the luscious details and lovely shape!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just precious with beautiful pastel colouring. She is the cutest.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic creation, this is really cute.
    Hugs
    Melodie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiya Mandy, firstly, what a beautiful card as always and secondly, I sympathise with you as the pain in your ear must be horrible. My little grandson who is 2 in June, has had similar to you, really bad cold etc, which as the doctor says caused a build up of goo in passages to ears etc, resulting in his ear drum rupturing, very painful for him.... now on 2nd lot of antibiotics to clear up infection. Take care and feel better soon. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a wonderful sweet card such gorgeous details.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh I have been bad!!!!!! love the shaping on this gorgeous card and as always so very elegant and pretty
    Hugs Bridget x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mandy, this is gorgeous hun, I Love Tilda, coloured beautifully and the layout is fab.
    Hope you're soon feeling much better.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great card! Love the colours and the bunch of flowers and stuff..

    http://littlecreass.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card Mandy. Love it. What glue do you use to hold your flowers on?
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Caz :)
      I used Crafters Pick glue to glue most of my embellies on with, it's the strongest glue I've found & is a must have for me
      hugs Mandy xx

      Delete
  11. This is a stunning card hun, love the shape, gorgeous image and lots of sparkle and prettiness. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  12. the detail on this card is wonderful - the flowers are gorgeous and i love the subtle colours

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Mandy, This is so beautiful the image is gorgeous!! so beautifully coloured lovely sparkle and so adorable are your embellis xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW, the details are so amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card!Love your image,you do great work!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Heaven's sake Mandy...you poor thing--from relaxing spa time to extreme illness....Doesn't seem fair. Hope you are feeling better SOON!!! I am surprised you are blogging......you are sooo dedicated my dear!!! Your card is superb!!! Love the stampendous enamel too!!! Love the shape of the card!!!
    Happiness and health

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another Beauty Mandy. Loveing these colours Jen xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for hopping over to visit & taking the time to leave a comment
Mandy xx

Pinterest Latest Pins