Thank you for following me xx

Sunday 19 May 2013

Sweet Pea Tilda - Totally Tilda DT

Good morning lovely peeps,
I survived my first week back at work :) It was harder than even I expected as I didn't think about not being able to take my strong painkillers to help ease the pain and pins & needles while I'm doing anything I need an active brain for lol, but I got through it, and was sooooo grateful for having the weekend off especially as it's been a beautiful warm and sunny one. I've been working every other day which I've never liked doing I'd much rather work a block of days and then have a few off together but for the first couple of weeks that will be my shift pattern so I get to rest my shoulder every other day & see how it goes.
Jodie came home one night and apparently had to uncurl my fingers from around a copic, pack my copics  etc away and throw a blanket over me as I nodded off while sat on the sofa colouring lol. I woke up the next morning wondering what on earth I was doing sitting up and just had this vague recollection of colouring the night before, so being back at work is definitely helping with my insomnia lol.

Today is new challenge day at 
& this fortnight our challenge is
MORE THAN ONE FOLD
Please don't forget you need to pop a Tilda on your card / creation, I know I say it every challenge but some do forget to use a Tilda :)
As always my fabulous teamies have lots of gorgeous inspiration for you hope over & take a peek at the girls gorgeous creations.
I decided instead of making a card I would try & make something useful & wanted to make a box to store my standard size embossing folders in. I didn't have a clue where to start so I measured an embossing folder, grabbed an A3 sheet of card stock, started having a play & voila!
The copic colours I've used are -
skin - E11, E00, E000, R12, hair - E25, E31, E50, dress & hat - BV04, BV02, BV000 / G28, G24, G21 / YG67, YG63, YG61 grass - YG97, YG95, YG93, YG91
I added three Papermania magnets on the front of the box & underneath the flap so the lid would stay closed nice and flat, although to be honest they are rubbish magnets and I just as well not have bothered lol.
The lovely flower on the lid is made of a small & medium die from Simon Says Stamps Bella Bloom flower dies, the paper is Melissa Frances and the lovely lace & organza ribbon is from The Ribbon Girl.
I'm entering my embossing folder box in the following challenges -
Make It Monday - anything goes

That's me finished for now peeps, enjoy the sunshine if you are as lucky as me and have it, & thanks for stopping by
Follow Me on Pinterest

32 comments:

  1. Oh wow this is an awesome little project and such a wonderful way of organising your folders. Beautifully creative as always. Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW WOW WOW, what a lovely piece of art, love the image, great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning baby girl..awesome creative piece of work & so useful, gorgeous soft colouring & DPs..your usual lovely details blow me away..So pleased you got thro your 1st wk back to work..didnt doubt for a min you wouldnt..lol

    smiles mummy Tildarette xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous box, so pretty, I would need to make about 10 for my embossing folders :o)
    So pleased to hear that you have survived going back to work. I am on a phased return myself due to shoulder problems, only I did two weeks of two hours a day, two weeks of 3 hours a day and start tomorrow on two weeks of 4 hours a day, then hopefully back to my normal 5 hours...hugs
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this project is both gorgeous ánd practical. You did a great job, is looks so pretty!! Mine are in an old sandwich box LOL! The kids used to take it to school when they were little, can you imagine how old it is? (my son is 25 now en my daughter 19 LOL.) Oops, how old does that make me ....... mmmmmmmmm ;-(
    Hugs Frea

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a very lovely box this is !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow what a stunning box! looks wonderful
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done on getting back to work. :D I hope the time there won't be too stressful for you!
    Your box is absolutely stunning. But no surprises there, all your creations always turn out great!
    Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!!!! Your embossing box is INCREDIBLE Mandy!!! I love all the details and the broche is gorgeous. Hugs, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely little box for all your embossing folders. Lovely papers and embellishments.
    Glad to hear that you survived your first week back at work. Hope the shoulder behaves for you.
    Hugs, Janine xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. How Clever.... I hope to make my craft room organized sometime too.... This box is both useful and clever.. Great design and I love the flower arrangement.. Beautiful with the butterfly too.. Adorable image.. Great job! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi hunni, oooh I just adore this sweet little box. Your colouring is perfect, as always and all the little extras you add are always just enough! So pleased your first week went ok, and I think that shift pattern is very sensible until you get used to it. Beautiful work darling - carry on enjoying being a working girl!! (But don't overdo it!!)
    big hugs
    Dawn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is very cute! Love the coloring and color combination! :)
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful box... sooo sweet and elegant (as all your cards are), great idea the magnet, a very inspirational work!

    Hugs
    Cinzia x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just fabulous and so creative. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well done on your 1st week back at work. Fabby box, so pretty Jen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is one of the most beautiful boxes I've ever seen. You just did a magnificent job on it! My poor embossing folders are stored in a plain old basket. I hope you have a good recovery easing back into work.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so gorgeous Mandy, very pretty too.xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is gorgeous! Now tell us how to make one!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well done on your first week back at work, Mandy and I hope things get easier as time goes on!
    Beautiful box, with fab colouring, pretty papers and lovely embellishments! Puts my boring old plastic box to shame! Storage with style! x) Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow Mandy......This is just gorgeous - love the image, fabulous colouring and a great layout too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow Mandy, this is fabulous. I love the box and it is so beautifully decorated. A beautifully coloured Tilda.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations on getting through your first week back, Mandy, it sounds tough, but I'm sure things will get better. I had to smile at your description of your daughter taking away your copic marker and wrapping you with a blanket - as you say, at least work is curing your insomnia, there's always a silver lining!

    Your embossing folder box is totally awesome and beautiful!

    Have a good week, and sleep well!

    love Mags B xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Another beautiful creation Mandy and so practical too. I so need to be making me some boxes. Thanks for the inspiration hon. Hugs Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Adorable and gorgeous.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is totally adorable, so cute and well made! I love it :) Lyns xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. A gorgeous box. I love the image.
    Well done on surviving your first week back at work.
    Take care,
    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a fabulous box Mandy! Lovely colours and what a sweet, adorable Tilda! And it sure has more than one fold ;)
    I always love your flowers with that curly thing and your homemade pins...
    Love,
    http://littlecreass.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh Mandy the box is just stunning and i do love the Tilda image first time iv';e seen this one!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi So glad to hear that you have enjoyed your first week and how cool is that your sleeping better !!..Just love your wee box and I do love this Tilda,,great idea for your folders too ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  31. OMG Mandy what a stunning creation, not only are your details and finishing touches adorable but also your colouring of this beautiful Tilda is out of this world!!! Such a clever (and practical) storage solution, you inspire me every time :)
    Hugs Nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love your creation..so beautiful to have it in a scrapbook room...the color combinations is awesome...thanks for sharing it to us.
    vi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for hopping over to visit & taking the time to leave a comment
Mandy xx

Pinterest Latest Pins